Years of Experience:
Minimum 4 Years
Negotiable (based on knowledge & expertise)
Aarav Unmanned Systems Pvt. Ltd. (AUS) is India’s leading drone solution startup in the commercial segment. We provide end to end solutions to enterprises in the field of mining, urban planning, infrastructure, irrigation and agriculture and energy. We are early starters and market leaders in the Indian drone industry. Our belief is to solve real problems and use drone technology as a revolution. Our strength is our perseverance, clarity, collaborative approach and our team.
We are funded by some of the known early-stage Indian VCs in our growth journey so far however, our business is already self-sustainable and growing at a fast pace. We love machines, especially aerial robots and believe that drones are shaping the future of the world. AUS is actively looking for self-driven and process-oriented individuals who would be interested in joining team AUS in this fascinating growth journey and be an early contributor to the drone ecosystem of the country which is growing at a very exciting and fast pace.
Brief description of Job:
The Planning & Production Lead shall oversee the entire UAV manufacturing/assembly process and ensure that standard operating procedures and safety standards are followed throughout the UAV manufacturing assembly process.
- Lead by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times, and best manufacturing practices (eg.LEAN) are followed in the assembly process.
- Achieve the required AUS’s quality standards for all the products being assembled ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Liaise and coordinate with support functions engineering, procurement etc to resolve issues concerning production planning and resource/skill allocation to ensure delivery of products as per schedule with all relevant quality specifications.
- Supervise and control assembly team members effectively to support the production delivery requirements
- Communicate and train the assembly team members by utilizing the visual work instructions, SOPs and delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
- Ensure that non-conformance is challenged and counter-measures are agreed and implemented.
- Motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced
- Support the implementation of engineering changes, production trials, model change and prototyping.
- Feedback to the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 or more years of experience in Production Management & Planning function from small or medium scale manufacturing companies( Automotive, Aerospace, Electronics, Medical).
- Good knowledge of best Manufacturing Practices like LEAN, TPS, 5S etc.
- Previous management experience with the ability to direct and motivate others.
- A full understanding of the requirements of running an assembly, such as health and safety and quality requirements.
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team based problem solving
- High level of numerical and analytical ability
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilizing appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in any engineering discipline
- Good Knowledge of of QMS like ISO standards