Years of Experience:
Negotiable; as per industry standards
Aarav Unmanned Systems Pvt. Ltd. (AUS) is India’s leading drone solution startup the commercial segment. We provide end to end solution to enterprises in the field of mining, urban planning, infrastructure, irrigation and agriculture and energy. We are early starters and market leaders in the Indian drone industry. Our belief is to solve Real problem and use the drone technology as a revolution. Our strength is our perseverance, clarity, collaborative approach and our team.
We are funded by some of the known early-stage Indian VCs in our growth journey so far however, our business is already self-sustainable and growing at a fast pace.
AUS is looking for a self-driven and process-oriented individual to serve as AUS’s Manager- People & Culture. The ideal candidate is one that can straddle both the strategic and tactical elements of the role in our fast-moving drone tech environment. Reporting to the founders, this role will serve as a strategic advisor to management to drive program initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for employee engagement, employer branding, employee relations, manager coaching & development, culture & change management, assist with performance management, and talent/workforce planning, and overall help in scaling up of the organization and controlling attrition.
Would you be open to joining a small-sized org?
This is not a heavily funded cash burning start-up but an optimized profit-centric tech startup. This would work only if you are looking to do something that gives you a more entrepreneurial feel and you are ready to take the risk of joining a high growth company with optimum resources.
Key Result Area
- Technology Recruitment with the ability to engage and develop relationship at different level, building relationships with internal stakeholders, senior leaders and peers. Engage in Strategizing manpower planning and execute a winning Operating Plan for recruiting, engaging, developing, retaining productive talent into the system.
- Managing end-to-end recruitment of open roles including understanding business needs and drafting job specifications, sourcing and screening candidates, managing candidate interviews and recruitment process with various stakeholders, reference checking and offer management.
- Ability to design and establish people and culture framework from scratch in order to provide consistent support to business. Enabling and engaging employees to develop and deploy culture building initiatives and implement a high-performance culture.
- Using knowledge of the market and design, develop implement policies and process in order to be compliant as per labor laws.
- Performance & Development: Building manager capability in holding teams and individuals accountable for results and recognize, differentiate, appropriately reward talent. Act as consultant to managers in addressing and managing individual & team performance.
- Collaborating with leaders to diagnose and identify interventions needed to improve organizational effectiveness. Evaluate business drivers, assess risks and benefits, develop effective change-management strategies and training materials. Facilitate learning sessions.
- Employer branding and nominating and participating in surveys to make great place to work.
- Client Centricity: understand internal/external clients’ (e.g. Committees, working groups, country representatives, etc.,) needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
- Diplomatic Sensitivity: understanding other people. It includes the ability to hear accurately and understand unspoken, partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others. Included in this competency is an emphasis on cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Strategic Networking: working to build and maintain friendly, trustworthy and open internal and external relationships and networks with people who are, or might become, important actors in achieving strategic-related goals.
- Developing Talent: fostering an environment that will encourage professional and personal growth and the transfer of knowledge to future talent.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of experience within HR as a Generalist, Business Partner, Advisor level
- Excellent, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate across various mediums.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Indian Labour Law(s)
- Customer management skills with ability to build trust, credibility and professional relationships with employees at all levels.
- Master’s degree in HR, or in a related field
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience with the following areas: career development, workforce planning, performance management, coaching and developing leaders, employee relations, project management, learning & development, and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced, and results driven environment.
- Experience within the B2B technology space and/or start-up company environment a plus
- Ability to influence across all functions and levels in an organization.
- Motivated self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas and projects with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- A creative problem solver who is willing to listen and think independently.