Years of Experience:
Negotiable (based on knowledge & expertise)
Aarav Unmanned Systems Pvt. Ltd. (AUS) is India’s leading drone solution startup in the commercial segment. We provide end to end solutions to enterprises in the field of mining, urban planning, infrastructure, irrigation and agriculture and energy. We are early starters and market leaders in the Indian drone industry. Our belief is to solve real problems and use drone technology as a revolution. Our strength is our perseverance, clarity, collaborative approach and our team.
We are funded by some of the known early-stage Indian VCs in our growth journey so far however, our business is already self-sustainable and growing at a fast pace. We love machines, especially aerial robots and believe that drones are shaping the future of the world. AUS is actively looking for self-driven and process-oriented individuals who would be interested in joining team AUS in this fascinating growth journey and be an early contributor to the drone ecosystem of the country which is growing at a very exciting and fast pace.
You would be part of:
- Understanding and maintaining/improvement of existing autopilot firmware stack for different types of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- Porting existing Flight controller stack to a different hardware platform.
- Porting existing Flight controller applications over a different autopilot software stack.
- Integration of new sensors and compute modules to the existing autopilot stack.
- Working with GCS (Ground Control Station) development to implement a more connected and featureful UAS.
- Working closely with systems and embedded engineers to implement and test to stabilise any newly added functionalities of the UAS
We expect you to be:
- Experienced in hands-on development of complex embedded C/C++ software stacks.
- Able to understand existing complex embedded software stack written in C/C++ for robotics or UAVs.
- Excellent in C and C++.
- Having Good understanding of data structures and algos.
- Comfortable with basic control systems.
- Comfortable with MEMS and GPS sensing mechanisms.
- Comfortable writing low-level peripheral drivers in autopilot software stacks.
- Comfortable with using hardware debuggers.
- Comfortable with different hardware protocols like SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, CAN, USB etc.
- Having Solid understanding of interrupt (handling) mechanisms in microcontrollers and SoCs.
- Having Good understanding of the concept of bootloaders.
- Able to multitask.
- A self-motivated and motivating personality who can work well independently as well as part of a team
- Having good interpersonal and soft skills who can adapt to the work environment while manifesting a good positive attitude
You are awesome if you are:
- Experienced in Linux Device Driver development.
- Experienced in development/working with any autopilot software stacks like ArduPilot, PX4 etc.
- Comfortable in data filtering techniques (Example: Kalman filter)
- Having Conceptual understanding of AHRS and Inertial Navigation systems.
- Having knowledge of aircraft/quadrotor control systems
- Familiar with Software in the Loop, Hardware in the Loop mechanisms
- Familiar with sensor calibration techniques/algorithms.
Selection process will include:
- Resume and submitted application based screening
- Further shortlisting based upon some factual information obtained via a short call or an online form submission
- A short time controlled online aptitude and/or skill assessment test (in some cases)
- Typically two round of interviews to evaluate on the following parameters:
- Past work experience and exposure
- Subject expertise and knowledge
- Aptitude, logical thinking and analytical skills
- Overall attitude and personality