Years of Experience:
Minimum 2 Years
You will work on the design and development of AUS’s new Unmanned Aerial Systems and improvement of existing ones. You will work in an iterative environment to study, simulate, build, and verify design concepts. This position requires frequent interaction with design and engineering teams. Product design expertise and fundamental, first principles approach to problem solving are critical.
You would be part of:
- Initial concept, to design & release of prototype level components and systems that represent future platform. Assessment of mass, cost, manufacturing feasibility, function, etc.
- CAD design of UAV system mechanical components and assemblies keeping in mind system requirements, design principles, electromechanical assembly requirements, DFM/A principles,
- FMEA Analyse structures – composite/metal/plastic/other using engineering principles, FEA to ensure that all requirements with respect to loads, weight, operating environment are met,
- Develop parametric design concepts and production designs
- Optimize the concepts and designs with analytical and physical modelling/simulation
- Drive continuous process improvement in design activities and workflow
- Interface with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering activities as specified for the assigned commodity.
- Help deliver world-class craftsmanship, fit/finish and support for successful product launch.
- Supporting manufacturing of prototypes and Minimum Viable Products in coordination with both internal and external teams
- Coordinating vendor selection, component selection, procurement, negotiations, quality checks, product assembly and part or system level tests.
We expect you to be:
- Bachelor’s in mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Excellent working knowledge of Solid Works software for designing complex and light products with electromechanical assemblies.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial design and engineering experience with miniature electromechanical products that need to meet industry standards and certifications.
- Possesses technical knowledge and expertise in aerodynamics, flight dynamics, aircraft structural layout and design, flight testing and aircraft performance, Ability to interpret CAE results and integrate recommendations into product designs
- Experienced with hardware prototyping, development, fabrication, and testing.
- Suitable exposure of rapid prototyping techniques, plastic & composite component design and manufacturing standards.
- Working knowledge of GD & T principles, DFM/A principles, FMEA, root cause analysis
- Hands-on person who is comfortable working with hardware, hardware tools
- Excellent capability to ideate and search best technical solutions and implement them
- Zeal to self-learn and create new benchmarks
- Efficient and effective at project management, technical documentation, and team coordination to achieve the milestones on-time with best-in-class quality.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-driven, ability to work independently, ability to adapt to fast changing requirements, work environment while delivering quality output
- Prepared to work in Start-up environment with frugal resources, tight deadlines and hustling culture.
You are awesome if you are:
- Master’s in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with unmanned aircraft systems and prototyping of UAV components
- Capability to run FEA at part and system level
- Prior experience with low volume production
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes for production and prototype